Asociación Latino Americana para la Salud, Inc (ALAS) is currently recruiting a Bilingual Clinicians (English-Spanish) for immediate independent contractor opening in Douglasville, Georgia.
ALAS is a new mental health and wellness nonprofit based in Douglasville, Georgia. We work to provide mental health and wellness services to the Spanish-speaking populations of Georgia. Programs include fee-for-service and sliding scale counseling and therapy services, as well as community outreach to better educate this underserved population on topics such as parenting, school resources, and general health maintenance.
This is an independent contractor position with fee splits as compensation. Compensation based on experience and total billings. There will be opportunities to grow with the organization as we grow and expand our services.
We offer very flexible scheduling and an office setting and EMR are provided. Assistance with CMO and insurance paneling provided, if needed.
- Degree in counseling, social work, or related field;
- Licensed in the state of Georgia (LPC, LCSW, LAPC, LMSW, LMFT) and/or working toward licensing;
- Six months of supervised clinical service delivery and knowledge of mental health.
- Six months of supervised practicum/internship in the mental health field.
- Must understand and be willing to adhere to all team policies, procedures, and processes included in the team handbook and the patient’s right handbook.
- Fluency in English and Spanish is REQUIRED
2. SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Serves as Primary Counselor for assigned clients.
- This is an independent contractor position with the approximately 90% of the contractor’s time dedicated to billable, direct services. These include: assessments, individual psychotherapy, group therapy, family therapy, case management, and psychological evaluation as appropriate. Case load and scheduling is based on contractor’s availability.
- Meets individually with assigned clients to provide individual treatment planning/development according to ALAS’s policies and procedures. Counselor will complete “Order for Services” to request ongoing authorizations on the day the treatment plan is developed.
- Will obtain client or parent/guardian’s signature for all treatment plans.
- Provide Individual, Family and Group Counseling for ALAS’s ongoing clients.
- Responsible that all clients seen have an authorization for treatment prior to service –ie: MICP for DBH clients, units authorized for Wellcare, Amerigroup, and Cenpatico clients.
- Additionally, clinician will complete “Order for Services” to request further authorizations. All clinical documentation (progress notes, bio psychosocial assessments, treatment plans, discharge summary, transfer summary and any other required by licensure or accreditation standards) will adhere to the DBHDD Documentation Guidelines.
- Document services on client electronic record after each direct client contact as dictated by ALAS’s policies and procedures.
- All clinical documentation (progress notes, bio-psychosocial assessments, treatment plans, discharge summary, etc.) will be completed within 24 hours.
- Will provide referrals as needed, or request ALAS provide referrals to client as needed
- Counselor will contact family members, if allowed by client, and orients them to family participation.
- Responsible for completing a Discharge Summary, LOCUS/CAFAS, CANSA/ANSA, DLA2.0 and any other required discharge documentation for all clients within thirty (30) working days of a planned discharge from services
- Will participate in individual supervision as defined by the Executive Director.
- Responsible for obtaining the required supervision for attaining/maintaining license/certification
- Collaborates with others to accomplish work related activities.
- Abides by all rules of confidentiality and the Code of Ethics prescribed by ALAS.
If you meet these qualifications, and those of the Job Description above, please send your resume to email@example.com on the Subject Line please write Counselor